Patch 1.35 was deployed on Overwatch’s PTR on March 26, 2019. This patch essentially provides a balancing for the heroes Junkrat, Symmetra and Reaper.
After several changes in patch 1.34 for both heroes, new changes are made to the velocity of the Junkrat projectiles and to the teleporter of Reaper.
This information is taken from the Blizztrack site. Find details in the rest of this article. Note that changes may still occur throughout the duration of the tests.
Grenade launcher :
- The speed of the projectiles is increased from 20 meters to 25 meters per second.
- The grenades bounce less but explode earlier.
Developer Note: With this change, we are looking to slightly increase the range at which Jackal can make direct hits. The speed of his grenades has been increased, but we have adjusted it so that it does not affect the arc of his projectile. This means that the feeling when you aim should remain the same. The grenades bounce less and explode earlier, which will make it easier for Jackal to deliberately send them to his target. This will also reduce the amount of grenades that bounce in all directions when you play against him.
Shadow step :
- Can now be used in the air.
- The shadow channel’s exit time is reduced from 1 second to 0.5 seconds.
- Reaper is now invisible when he comes out of Shadow Path.
- Can now teleport on surfaces that would usually break, such as railings.
Developer Note: Shadow step was originally designed to be a simple off-fight mobility tool for traversing the map, since Spectral Wraith Form was already an excellent disengagement tool.
However, this has made shadow step extremely situational, so we have increased its flexibility so that the capacity is better and more versatile.
This will allow Reaper to use Shadow Path in more offensive situations.
- The balustrades and other destructible objects no longer block the positioning of the teleporter and its use.